Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Monday, April 04, 2005

Delaware is for stupid people.

Timi and I aren't friends anymore. We were talking last night, and out of nowhere, we got into a stupid fight about whether to blame Martin Lawrence or Will Smith for the demise of black family entertainment. I promise you, it was so stupid. I'm trying to be civil about this because we're both mature Christians...but we made it quite clear to one another that we were mutally fed-up. I blame myself. I'm so sarcastic sometimes, and so is she, but when I do it, I guess it's not overtly clear that I am...
Like with the beard, first of all, I was referring to something another friend told me. She said I looked mean, and that she'd cross the street if she saw me coming. That person lives in Lancaster, PA. Not in Deleware (home of the stoop-tards). That was low. But I won't delete it. I'll hve integrity and just apologize.
Then she's all on this tip of TEASING ME BECAUSE I'M A VIRGIN. I am PROUD of my purity. She says that she was joking, but as we all know, every joke has an ounce truth in it...
And for people who know me, you know I'm a raucous, cool, loud kind of guy. But Fran's right. I'm a harmless Teddy Bear.
And what kind of fight is that?! It's perfectly OBVIOUS that while maybe Will Smith's comical characters and askewed TV teen values (sleeping with Pam Grier in one episode) have been questionable, he still stands head and shoulders above Martin Lawrence, who has epitomized the porch-monkey persona in African American entertainment. When was the last time "Maaaaaaaaah-in" ever portrayed a powerful and charismatic civil rights figure? Never. Not unless Black Knight qualifies as black history month, A&E calibre programming.
It all started as a joke, too...and we're still civil (sorry for calling Delware stoop-tarded). But I WISH some of you could have been there to hear the conversation...arghhh...so frustrating. I seriously can't see us ever chatting carefreely again...Timi was my late-night AIM roll-dog too...
Ahh well...

3 Comments:

Blogger Revolt said...

Interesting. You and I aren't friends anymore either!

Beardmonster.

6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friggin idiot! I bet you tinkle sittin down batty boy!

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Carlo said...

i don't know both of you from a bar of soap but i'm sure being a virgin isn't all bad, after 21 years of abstinence i should know. and i think will smith is far cuter than martin lawrence (not that it has anything to do with your argument but trying to light up the mood here). about flirting . . . hmmmm, i'm up for it! ;)

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home