Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Last Night...

This time, I dreamt that I was hired as a cameraman for a documentary about young African intellectuals. There was a huge summit in Kenya, and all these hot-to-trot revolutionary stundents from all over the continent met to discuss international issues. At it's core, it was a good thing, but if you're at all familiar with "third-world" education and ethics and the American pollution of non-American minds, or the even the tendencies and quirks of third-world kids who feel estranged from their own culture, you'll have an idea of what a motley group of people this was. There were the western-wannabe's, the traditional goodie goodies, the wild kids obsessed with ju-ju and jump-up music, and the Yankees...haha...the ones who totally eschew (CASHEWS CASHEWS PEANUTS AND PECANSSS!!!!) sorry...totally eschew everything that's their own culture and totally embrace everything American (including the dysfunction)...Nothing is more ironic than seeing a non-American incorrectly model American culture (which is wrong and undesirable to begin with!). So it's doing the WRONG thing, the WRONG way. Shame.

Anyway, that's the part I remember. There was one very sweet South African girl...no Kenyan...crap. I can't remember. But she really stood out. I think she was a chemist or a physicist or something. But she was also a wirter and a reporter. What? I don't know. It was a dream. Get off my back, okay. And I was just videotaping away, and nobody really paid much attn to me..everyone was comfortable with me, which told me that I had been there for a while.

Ex-rommie Dwayne says that "Time is the key to all dreams...what TIME was it?"

still tryna understand that one...

7 Comments:

Blogger Puddleglum said...

I hate that typical spoken-word type voice...
I think all you need is rhythm...and unless you SUCK at dancing, then you already have that..
But yoooooooo
I can't tell you how much I hate hearing everyone get up there and sound the same.

If you audioblog some of your pieces, I'll do mine!
(didn't know I was down, did you?)

And I dream about hippos too. And Dragons...i'm gonna do a dream movie one day! Just watch!

1:51 PM

 
Blogger The Artist's Ray said...

Time...yeah, I have quote along those lines. blah blah "...in time the future will reveal itself and you will see what was predestined to be."

I'm not sure what Dwayne meant, but praying for God's wisdom and understand with the Holy Spirit and in God's perfect timing, you'll know all you need to know as it relate to Wifey and the like. (I'm sure you're already aware of that, but just in case;-)

And yo...when those moments come feel free to say any of my favorites aloud: "Aha" "Major" or "True that"

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You sure do dream alot, and some freaky dreams too. I seem to dream about ex-boyfriends all the time. I have never dreamt of demons but I have dreamt that bad evil people who wanted to do harm to me ran away when they realized I was a Christian.

9:31 PM

 
Blogger anit said...

That was a really cool dream. I think people are interesting and watching them behave even is even more interesting. I can never remember my dreams though. So sad. But anyway now I'm going to try and remember the timing during my dreams, that's an interesting concept.

Randomness: I want to be a young intellectual

10:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gab, you do too have that kinda voice! :D

Anyway, what's with you having these really in depth dreams...and here I am dreaming nothing. Hmph! I wanna dream like you...:)

4:59 AM

 
Blogger Carlo said...

have you ever been to Africa? what gives you the impression that's how kids in Africa are? oh, wait a minute, it was just a dream! i'm about to start making up dreams cuz mine are anything but interesting and yes, I'm African and very proud and not an American wannabe!

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, very interesting!

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home