Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Friday, March 25, 2005

MySpace

I suck. I haven't been faithful to blogger.
I've actually been checking out Myspace.com
I wouldn't recommend it. It's an obsession.
It won't last long.

Anyhow.


The movie is moving!
I've had several meetings with my actors, and I'm just at the point where I have to figure out which scene to shoot first.
Like an idiot, I was of the mindset that I would organize the whole movie, and then shoot in a set-block of time, but I don't think that will work very well. Instead, I think I'll shoot a few scenes at a time. The old-fashioned way. The Cassavettes way.
And I have to get this thing sent to the library of congress so I can post the script up for some good old fashioned ripping.
Then you can tell me that my ideas are crap.
But my stuff doesn't stink, you see...so that wouldn't change!
It's so different when you believe that God has put art on your heart.
Criticism isn't really the same as with other projects.
I just read Khristi's script the other day, and I let her have it about one of the characters that I thought needed to be stronger, and then she let me have it about why I was wrong, and what God was trying to do with the script.
And that's the way it's supposed to be. But it did give her yet another opportunity to talk about the script and, trust me, that's ALWAYS a good thing. I've found that the same thing happens to me. The more I talk about an idea or a script, the more I have to ask myself how relevant certain characters or scenes are. Sometimes, that's enough to put an idea in its grave. Some cool ideas never make it out of my head, because that's all they are-- cool ideas. Other times, these ideas have their own lives...and you realize that you need another character, or that two characters could actually be one character, or that your ending should actually be totally opposite of what it is, or that a scene should take place in a diff place.

Well...
I got some random thoughtful gifts from two friends recently. They made me feel great.
Funny how that works...
More soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Revolt said...

You know I usually do my best to get into what you get into...but MySpace? HECK. NO.

I already dealt with avoiding it at Okayplayer. PASS!

Anyway, very glad to hear the movie is coming along! You script writers are so strange, but then again not that different from us novelists. Plus I suck at criticism. Baudrillard said 'art must speak for itself'. And if it's God inspired like yours is, I already know Who's speaking. How can I pick and prod at His work?!

Well...ok nevermind.

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Khristi Lauren said...

heyyyyy. i didn't say you were wrong. just slightly misguided in assumption. anyway, i had no idea you were doing a movie? is this something that you previously stated or a recently let out secret?

3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home