Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes...

Despite the rumors you may have heard, I am not, nor have I ever been, married.

But I AM Back!

My first order of business has been to spend time with my lovely wireless internet connection.
One doesn't know what one will miss when one is away, does one?

I did a lot of writing and thinking while I was away.
Lot's of inner battles and interesting dreams.
It's Mother's Day.

While I was gone, I rented about a dozen movies. Blockbuster should know my name by now.

In the theaters I saw Crash (go see it now) and Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy (not much fun for blokes like me who haven't read the book). I also saw a movie called "The Guardians"---well I saw what may have been half of it...I walked out. It was horrible.

I brought lots of books with me, but didn't read any...and I bought Augustine's Confessions when I was in Florida. I also finally bought Brady's album "The Incredible Walk". And I picked up the latest copy of Relevant which featured a very interesting interview with Moby. He's a direct descendant of Herman Melville! That's why they call him Moby. So I'm late with it, what else is new?

They say I lost weight while I was away but I don't think that's true. And I thought I was a fat lard. We'll see.

In pettier news, I had two ongoing struggles while I was away. The other one was a struggle whether or not to buy some white sneakers. I always buy white sneaks, but this time around, none of them fit me the way I liked. But MAAAAAN, were they fresh! Now I have a grey pair of Reebok Classics, and a grey pair of Adidas skate shoes. They're comfy, but they're not white. I also haven't been able to find a satisfying pair of denim shorts this season. I'm changing! What's wrong with me?

I can't wait to go for a walk around the ranch. Atlanta was kind of claustrophobic, but I did a lot of inside work.
And Brady says that "The Inner Me is the Enemy".
Nicely put.

I was also attacked by all of my grandmother's friends who think that I should be supporting myself and charging way more than free for my "services". We'll see. It would be nice to get paid. Maybe I'll make a website or a poster to put up at WalMart.

I also have another script almost done, and almost ready to shoot. But I'm always saying that here, and I never do anything, so I won't talk too much about it. I need to learn to overcome circumstance, and really live for my art...
But the problem is that I write so many far-reaching ensemble pieces that when one person drops out, the whole thing goes batty...So I think I may rewrite Narciso to be more about him, and have less to do with other peope.
My grandmothers just got here. Time to eat.
PEACE.
S'good to be back.

6 Comments:

Blogger Revolt said...

Welcome back Superhero(TM). My, this is a focused post, probably your most focused on in a couple months. Seems like that trip did a body good. And grey sneaks are HOT, get over the white fettish.

And sheesh, you JUST bought my would-be husband's CD? And you know him on a first name basis! I thought I was bad lol.

If you were married..........

11:25 AM

 
Blogger jasdye said...

Hey,

Miss Queen Re:Volt was all 'gooshy, gooshy' about ya. Saying you're a super hero and you're my twin or something. So I decided I should check you out. Oh, my, jeepers-creepers. If I were cool, I would be you. ('Cept I don't know about this whole TX thing.)

I'm sorry I don't know who Brady is. At first I thought you were talking about Bady, as in Ray. And then I was gonna say, "I know his brother." But, Brady. My fams kinda resembles the Bunch.

That was a lame intro. I've been checking out your site for a couple days like a bad Stake-Out (the one with Rosie O'Donnel, 'cuz that's GOTTA be funny!) and that's the best I could come up with? Gosh. But then I noticed your reference to Deepspace 5's "Elemental." Joe, back in the day when I had a car I would pump that track AS MUCH as Run-DMC's "My Addidas."

And your art-life mixed with your Jesus-life mixed with your candor. Can we be friends? Please, Mr. Cool Twin guy?

Peace,
Jason

9:58 PM

 
Blogger jasdye said...

I almost forgot this part:

"Think of me on the toilet.
I do my deep thinkng on the toilet.
I'm not like most Christians. God doesn't speak to me in the shower.
He speaks on the toilet. Isn't that gross?
Well that's when I'm mose vulnerable, I guess.
Or maybe becuase when it comes to Christ's Body of chosen believers, I'm his a-hole."

According to legend, that's where Luther did his best thinking, in the Water Closet, on the loo, the crapper if you will. I'm sure he would find solace in your last statement there. I'm not sure that I could though. But, hey, we say we believe in the incarnation of Christ and his whole body, we must then choose to not ignore those so-called ignoble parts.

I'm such a prude, I can't even get around to saying "Butt-hole."

Arrrgghhh.

peace,
j.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Brady = Brady Goodwin, Jr. = Phanatik = CM

12:32 PM

 
Blogger jasdye said...

i woke up this morning and i knew that. i swear i did.

his album's out? (i'm out of it.)

12:50 PM

 
Blogger jasdye said...

and it's "elementary" not "elemental."

dawg, i'm a poser like randy.

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home