Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

First she thought I was being fresh.
She welcomed it.
She giggled for a long time into it.
She smiled.
Then she was shocked.
Horrified.
It hurt; I was indvading.
She panicked, because now she knew that she had
consented.
She "didn't think" and "didn't know"
it would be like this.
Fists
descended on my biceps.
I couldn't stop
yet.
She "thinks she's going to die"
Good thing I'm done.
Now she's smiling again.
Holding her new son.
How couldn't she have known she was pregnant?


So I guess the idea for the poem was better than the execution...it's clear halfway through that it's TRYING to be ambiguous, and that it's not rape...so I guess the midwife payoff at the end is cheesy. That's what I get for rushing. I'll probably look at it more later and change it. While it's in the first person now, this poem really reminds me of...surprise...Man and God...ME and God...the more I try to divide it given face value, the muddier it gets...I don't know how I'd film it.

By the way, this was all brought you by THIS...

Jeremiah 2..the last verse is talking about how Israel left God for false Idols...in fact it's talking about how they specifically ran to Egypt for cover...
"You will also leave that place with your hands on your head, for the Lord has rejected those you trust; you will not be helped by them."

It was definitely the impetus, but I don't know how much if any of the actual scripture is reflected in the poem...
emphasis obviously mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home