Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Saturday, January 11, 2003

So I went to see my mail-order apartment today.
It's perfect. Just right for me.
If I gained 3 pounds, It'd be crowded...but for now, it's perfect.
I'm def-kinately grateful, God.

So God decided to get REALLY FUNNY on me again.
This wonderful place where I'll be living is apparently in Philly's 'gayest' district.
Right.
And it's less than twenty feet from "Sisters Nightclub" which is purported to be Philly's one and only lesbian nightspot.
To quote, it's the best place to have an "out girls night out"
For Joy.
Too bad I'm not gay? Or female?
We all know how I feel about homosexuality. What, with my treatises and papers on the gay condition and my matriculation at such 'gay-friendly'- institutions...
I honestly don't care, and I look forward to seeing how, if at all, this is going to affect my living experience.
I think I'm gonna upload a paper I just wrote about voluntary homosexuality...
I just haven't been presented with the right combination of evidence and intelligence to convince me that homosexuality is anything more than a coping mechanism, much like those who are fixated with 'blackness' or nationalism. And I know I sound hard and insensitive, but I love people, not practices. You're not "okay". What a lie. Nobody is. People 'come out' like it's the answer to their prayers and their life is going to be just peachy. Fine, so you want to be gay? You're gay, I'm a liar, he's a smoker, she's a thief. We still have a personal responsibility to come to grips with our fractured human nature. Nobody knows why, but in America, if you're gay, people leave you alone. Just like brooding black men get left alone, and pierced up, spiked up inkers get left alone, and even Bible thumping 'WHOREMONGER!'-screaming "Christians" get left alone. And there are some people who say they're gay who only do so to be left alone, and given some room to breathe. But that which was initially manipulated, flips the proverbial script and takes hold of the manipulator's whole life. It makes a little more sense in my paper. funny...It's a voluntary paper about voluntary homosexuality. I have no clue why I wrote it.
But it goes the same with any assertion of compartmentalized individuality. It's the kind that doesn't just assert a difference, it asserts one that cannot be reconciled to others.

I'm clearly not a gay scholar. These are my observations based on...what I've seen.
It's just like my question about Muslim/Islamic Hip Hop...I've never seen any other faith group use hip hop the way Christianity has. Does that mean that there are none who do? No. It means I don't know of them. Have I spent hours searching high and low for such groups? No. If you find them, scream at me. But don't just approach with some Muslim evangelist without understanding Christian hip hop, because the question is a comparative one. It requires an understanding of two concepts.

So I'll be living next door to a gay bar.
Big Whoop.
smells like ripe ground to me.
I'm big Christian scary black. I've got exponentially less to 'fear' than others in my position.
Watch and see what comes out of this.

Now ever'bodee scur'm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home