Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Deeper Magic

So here's the puzzle...
We can break God's will...
But God's will can't be broken.
Selah with that one for a spell...

So much is wrong, that the few right things, which have turned out not to be as tied up in the wrong things, are really shining through.
The poeple thing is great...

The funny thing about Jesus is this:
To our knowledge, he DID NOT have a sexual relationship with anyone during his years of ministry (the three of which we know). Yet he loved everyone so completely. Which necessarily implies that sex is nonessential to love.
What then, is sex?
Eva Bran must have missed her calling.
What then, is sex?
I think that in far too many areas, we have given far too much to far too many things...
At the same time, I think that we don't stress what we should.
American Christians major on the minors, and minor on the majors....
And it has the capability of crippling those honest and earnest enough to have the Faith that gets them through.
So we find at work, a Christianity in which the 'persecution' comes from the church itself, and other people meaning well who call themselves Christians...it's a horrible spincycle.
I'm in to. So are you.
Everyone is in it...
Once the man said something like: "You're not special if you do YOUR thing YOUR way..." because EVERONE, good and evil alike seeks to have his or her will be done...
Rather, when we do the uncomfortable things God's way, we are rewarded in our spirits, here and now.

I found a book of writing from when I was like 14 and full of snot..
but I did say something that I still like...
"Shame on the construction worker or waitress or bartender who doesn't write."
I think I was trying to express how vital creative outlets are for everyday people.
You don't have to be a writer to write. Nor a painter to paint...Nor a singer to sing..
And often, almost always, those non-professionals provide the most inspiring and relatable works of art.
Because it's genuine and not trained.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hello said...

He wasn't married either...you forgot that part. No sex until marriage...I think you got ahead of yourself and should have said "he did w/o marriage."

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

I have my theory about that too...
It was good for him to be alone..
remember that Adam NEEDED Eve because he wasn't enough on his own...
He wasn't happy.
But I think Jesus didn't need anyone else to feel complete..
And this isn't about gender per se...
It's about being whole and completed by God..
MYSELF on the other hand...
I need a She in my life!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Fight me, Barnes.
Fight me like a man.
I think there are some Christ-era public-speakers who are currently rotting in Hell, while the untrained (rotten-smelling) FISHERMAN was best equiped to pen the inspired letters that help comprise the NT....
There is something to be said about craft. I wouldn't be considering THREE more years of film school if there weren't. But I also know that the films I like the most, and many of the most impacting films, and genuine expressions are by people who are compelled to create... http://www.primermovie.com cheque it out...and the songs I like the most are written by people who've never studied voice...the actors I like never went to academies...the writers I like weren't ALL philologists...
But I can see your angle...I mean C.S. Lewis tops them all, and he indeed WAS a philologist, and his writing is always delightful...and powerful..It's like cough medicine that actually TASTES GOOD....but that doesn't negate the saving power of Dimmetapp (sp?)...if you see what I mean...
The best dancer I know...i mean str8 up ballerina...is a med student...and Sita beans has skills with the poetry, but she's a chem major??
And yourself....
I know that there are temptations and occupational hazards we face when we focus on the medium and not the message. I saw it in my own poetry...we fall prey to crtics who either gas us up, or cut us down...both to our demise...
BUT WHO CRITIQUES a construction worker's art???
God alone...

12:50 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

So you can't talk about sex at all since marriage is not in the equation is what I was trying to say. I mean you can't say so-and-so didn't do prison time if they were never a suspect in any crime and if they never commited a crime. Ya see?

Once you get that feeling of needing someone else then I think once a relationship or potential comes around you are more eager to fall for something as opposed to actually falling for someone and even still if you fall too quickly for both you are likely to get bamboozled. Wooo long sentence.

About the craft thing...if you got it, you got it, if you don't, you don't independent of training. Training enhances an already great gift but if the gift wasn't great (better than average person's) then the training probably won't make it great. Therefore, how is the great untrained person more genuine if both the great trained & great untrained start out the same way untrained?

Ew skills with poetry?! You saw ONE poem my brotha. Hardly skills lol you don't even know what I'm good at ADAM! I'm good at art!!! Wait...have you ever seen my art? If you have and said I am good at poetry based on one poem then I deduce that you hated them all. ;)

Thank you, come again.

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

You know I obsessoverlittlethings. Ok maybe the "skills with the poetry" was just an example thought up quickly simply to illustrate your point.

Anyhow, I uh forgots to ahm say thanks.

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

You've negelected my blog.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

But see, that's the thing...what I'm saying is this: Sex is best in marriage, and a thing made for marriage, but that's not how it's presented to us in temptation...Nottamean??
And so I'm saying that Jesus loved ALL people PERFECTLY...
and to out knowledge he boogied with NONE...
So I'm like...what's up with this sex stuff? That 90% of us think that it's essential to express love, or that it even MEANS love...because if that's so, then Jesus didn't really love anyone, now did he???

12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home