Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Monday, November 22, 2004

Alright, already.

Khristi's relentless velocity and Nsa's Nsaness have dragged me out of hiding.

I just woke up from a night-nap, stumbled upon Khristi's blog, and it sent me running. So in continuation, here we go:

I came to an impasse with Khristi, because I found myself doing what I was refuting. And that's the problem with arguments and debates (the good, civil kind): nobody want's to effin' grow!
Well I want to grow. I doubt that King David danced around the battlefield. I doubt that he "fenced" with his enemies. I'm pretty sure that he looked for the surest blow and took it. That's what apologists should do. I think we should leave our fancy arguments for each other, and handle the rest of the doubters Aragorn style."Take him down, Lagolas!". I guess my most famous example is the issue of homosexuality. My discourse, and my disposition changes with the company I'm around. Not from pro to anti...but just with reasoning. I'm always challenging Christians to embrace homosexuALS, while challenging homosexuals to imagine a world where they're not the beast they imagine themselves to be. To strip down the stigma, and see what's left of their lifestyle. Likewise, I often find that it's not the 'abomination' that bothers most Christians about homosexuals. They're much happier to see the symptoms gone than to find wholeness. I have spent hours around a table with Christians talking about the particular aspects of homosexuality that may or may not be sinful. When I find myself talking about the issue to a homosexual, I'm not going to run through the hypotheses and postulates about being gay, and 'the gay mind' (whatever that is). In fact, my conversation will probably have nothing to do with 'homosexuality'. There's nothing special about it. It's a sin. A 'reformed' homo still lies and masturbates and cheats and lusts and murders and harbors selfish ambitions. A reformed homo is still heading to Hell. As is your educated thug, Mr. Cosby. The issue is not the issue. It's the issue. LOL. To focus on sins rather on SIN, is to imply that by cleaning ourselves up, and appearing presentable, or having corrected dialectic, or modified behavior, that we are not acceptable in God's sight. It's a deception. 'A distrortion' as John Kerry would say.

I think I'll leave it there, and be done with this because I just saw it nearly bite me. I hate dabbling in reason, because she's a very beautiful killer. Reason is sexy, and I've been made chaste. I much prefer the love-vows of my Master than the fleeting flirtations of my own seven pound brain. It quickly becomes very pointless and foolish. This talking about talking is so arrogant. I'm wasting perfectly good time that could be spent TALKING.

In other news, I had another great dream.
Also, I bought a high-powered slingshot today.
Heck yes, Goliath. Watch out, Jerkface.
Above all, I'm excited about moving to Texas (if that's where God will have me).
Our ranch is flippin SWEET. I can't even get over calling it a ranch. LOL
...back on the ranch dot dot dot. The people from whom we bought the ranch had a cattle lease until the end of the year. That means that there are freakin HERDS of cattle roaming all 114 acres of the place. Longhorn steers at your front door, Duke. S'craziness. We have a "tank" (what texaners call a pond) on the ranch too, but I can only catch very small bluegill...about 3 inches. One of the borders is also the Guadalupe River, and it's like something right out of a Mark Twain novel. It's kinda rough though. Visible whirlpools. I guess it'd be kind of me to post pictures. Even as a filmmaker, I never have been the kind of guy to take pictures of the cool sentimental stuff. I'm an ass. Poor wrteched self. God help me. I only take pictures of what I think people don't want to see, not of what people might like to see. I'll make a point to worship God by taking pictures of this place and displaying them for you guys to see. What a giant leap for adam-kind. See? I'm discovering myself still. I have never gone on a trip and bought a disposable camera, and I've never been one to tell people to gather around...and I never say "smile!" Most times, you don't even know that I've taken your picture. But even I have been redeemed.
Way to poop on the party. LOL
God Bless!

8 Comments:

Blogger Khristi Lauren said...

Emperor of the Cayman Islands, who is this Khristi that you speak of with such high regard? Has everyone been introduced?
So here's my response to your blogspot as well as your blogspot on my blogspot:
It was not too long ago as certain Christian turned pomosexual atheist friend of mine approached me in dubious manner questioning the very existence of God and the idiocy of Christianity. Well, I was traumatized! Not just because of the way he approached me, but because of my fear of his super intellectual mind and my emotional attachment to (sigh)...him. So we debated for weeks and weeks all the while amusing the other but denying the fact that the cyclic argument was all at the fault of myself. You see, I was trying to Save Him! Trying to wow him with those persuasive words of human wisdom that Paul admonised to the church at Corinth. When it was all said and done (and it was never really done) I was exhausted, I was hurt, I was shamed, I was dissapointed. What happened? I'll tell you what. I thought that my words would save him, that's what's what.

Albeit, at the moment, I don't take pleasure in debate. I take pleasure in good conversation. Perspective. I'm not doing the saving. And if someone happens to experience the road to Damascus, then so be it. It is only I that plants and waters, but GOD who gives the increase. It's all about motive. I'll tell you one thing Emperor, if one does not go into a conversation with hisher mind made up, then that would make them unstable in mind won't it? Does not scripture say that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways? The Christian has hisher mind made up. The atheist has hisher mind made up. If not then, all would be subjective. You're neither a real Christian or a real atheist if your ism is subjective. The conversation between the two will always be civilized when the two bring to the table a sense of deference and take off their pseudo intellectual and religious choir robes off. Each party seeks to present a case with evidence, and witnesses. The Christian will Always have the unfair advantage. The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are both the law partner, the juror, the judge and the witness. When I hear debates I see sweat and blood and spit. When I hear arguments I see violence and guns and ambulances.
To converse with the non-Christian is more, excercise for the Christian. To Save the non-Christian is the whim of the Holy Spirit. Boxing with each other is your pastime of choice, if i've read correctly. The question is, which situation would there be the possiblity of the slightest inkling of fruit? The layman? The Muslim? Although I do see what you are saying. I enjoy good conversation with the layman just as much as I would with the Muslim. Which is why my conversation is never restricted. Fancy arguments? A bit loud. A ready defense? Juuuust Riiight. A skillfull communicator? EVEN BETTER!
It is much better to be one without the cares and complexities of reason. To be one, is to be free. BUT, to be one who meddles in reason, is not to be anti-Christ...curious maybe. When there is reason apart from God, then my friend, then you will find perversion. Reason minus God, is dangerous. Just as Science apart from God is dangerous. That Emperor...THAT IS DANGEROUS!

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Hello said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:50 AM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Please slow all mechanical rollers to a halt.
Thank you.
First of all, if you put your defenses down, and reread what I posted, we're making the same point.
Also, Nsa, you're NOT the only homosexual I know.
I started to put a personal proviso in there just for you, but I thought it would have been sophomoric and crass. Guess not.
And I totally reserve the right to my own opinion, homey.

Also, when you and I had the convo about being gay, I wasn't speaking to you as a heathen. I was speaking to you as Nsa. I made the distinctions in my post because it was about apologetics. In reality, unless I'm directed by the Holy Spirit, (a-la-Khristi's comment) I don't say to myself "quick, she's a heathen, let's totally switch our gears". Unfortunately, "religious debating" has become a sporting event. That's the whole circular point. It's akin to a deconstructionist argument. Sooner or later, I just won't ever post!

4:52 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Dramita from Nsita.
What else is new? I've learned a new phrase in Spanglish: Cojelo con Tekiteasy (Take it Easy.)
Nsa, I don't grow from a set debate. If I'm out to prove something TO you, then there's no room to grow.
When you're my friend, and we go at it, and I'm really trying to figure something out, of course I grow. That's why I used the example of sparring. Ever been in to martial arts? There's sparring, where you fight friends for practice, and then there's competition when you're out to kill (not literally, but you're not exactly chumming around). All this was inspired by Khristi's Panacea post. And you being the only homosexual is getting old. I'm not going to sit here and try to prove to you that I know a lot homosexuals. That's pretty lame to begin with. And if you want to still beef with me about the convo we had a while ago, I'll still stick to my guns. I don't care if you're gay. My point is that if I had to describe you, I wouldn't lump you in with "homosexuals". You act like I'm supposed to think of all gay people as the same. Aren't you...unique? Like Don't vent your frustrations on me, duke, I ain't the man. And stop splitting hairs! Either you know what I mean, then you do. If not, ask for clarity. I have better things to do than to plant little landmines on my blog to piss you off. And this little back and forth isn't exactly fun. Ya? I'm gonna go git me some briskett. Holler at me if there's something you don't get or disagree with. Steer away from the pointless ad-hominem jabs. Keedoke?
PEACE! I love you, Nsa.

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Hello said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 AM

 
Blogger Hello said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home