Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

My Sheath

If God is my maker, and my maker is my husband,
then I am a wife.
But I am a strumpet.
I never let Him have his way.
My legs stay closed.
I don't bathe, I don't make a comfortable home.
I don't host parties or invite the neighbors.
And we haven't any children.
I keep saying that I'm not ready.
And God's a gentleman.
He'll never force me to be intimate.
Yet I can see by his smile that one day I'll be begging for him.
I'll bargain for a kitchen to clean, and a bed to make,
and parties to host and banners to carry.
And maybe then I'll drop the hyphen and take his name.

3 Comments:

Blogger Revolt said...

Hotness, pure hotness:

"And maybe then I'll drop the hyphen and take his name."

Oh yeah, you know who this is right? I've decided to use my secular alias and merge it into holiness. After all, there's much to revolt against in this unidentified universe. Glory!

1:24 PM

 
Blogger Khristi Lauren said...

I like. I like Alot.

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Revolt = Chris?

5:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home