Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wonderful

"Wonderful" is a great word.
I can't wait to put it in a film title.

Anyway, I feel great today.
You guys really ought to try worshipping on a non-sunday...
It makes Sunday such a stress-free day to have personal worship.
It's like everything you do or don't do means that much more because it's not forced.
When Church isn't on Sunday, reading your Bible doesn't feel forced...

I'm speaking personally, because we have Bible study every week morning at 7 am, and then Gospel Cafe on Sat nights, and then Sunday is just a free day...and it feels like FINALLY, i get a chance to worship God freestyle, you know?

Anyhow, I'm at a great place right now...there are a few really major things hanging in the balance, but regardles of how they pan out, I can say now, at 12:35 pm, that I'm not anxious about what God's working out in my walk.

shai linne's album is really meaty.
I recommend it in doses.
I tried listening to it str8 thru, and he changes gears so much that it's hard to follow. Also, surpisingly, it's not one you can just toss in the car and go with...
This is one for the 7506 closed-air, shut-out-the-world-and-vibe type headphones music. But it's sure to pick up momentum.

Most people don't know that shai is originally a stage actor...I'm still sifting through my scripts for the perfect role for him. And some how, I don't think it has anything to do with mmusic.

hmmmmm

PEACE@!
Cop the album!

http://www.lampmode.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the youth pastor at my church says that worship opens the door to a personal revival in your life. worship is so humbling and freeing. just laying everything down and focusing totally on our one true love God is beautiful.

that is great to hear that you have such strong trust in God with your life. i'm sure God will use you mightily.

i've never heard of shai linne. i'll have to check him out and see what my hip hop head brother knows about him.

Gabi
www.stylesque.com/verbatim

5:00 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

man, oh, man...
you're right...
Worship is light.
Like, when you're thirsty for light...
I don't know.
Real worship is just on the other side of our decision to let go. And it's so glorious...because it's not based on circumstance...it's not initiated by anyone but you.
Like love, I suppose.
Like a kiss that's not asked for or planned...

3:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how much your into God and how you just put so much trust and faith in Him. You inspire me as well.

My thing though, is getting into the bible. I don't do it enough and really need to start to. I know there are so many wonderful messages in there for me.

-Fran (www.almabrilho.net)

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Puddleglum said...

Well the dopest thing is that God is CONSTANTLY trying to talk to us whether it's through the Bible or through Howard Stern. I'm a firm believer that no matter where you are or what dirt you're doing, God has something nice and loving and necessary to say to you...
Our problem is that we don't listen enough, and that's my thing.
I only have ears for what I have ears for! If that makes any sense...
So I'm not perfect when it comes to reading my Bible all the time, and being perfect (whatever that is...) but when God does get a hold of me, it rocks me EVERYTIME, and I love Him for it.
So I think our goal for next time is to just listen and see what he's trying to say and show us.
I guess the easiest place for me to start is with self hatred, lol....
Romans 7...in some sick way, I feel better coming to God when I can see that one of the arguably "holiest" men in the New Testament seemed to struggle with sin, yet still found inspiration to get in God's face and receive His love....(talking about the apostle Paul)

So yeah...it's tough, but not impossible, because as Porverbs says: Wisdom is screaming from the street corners to get us to listen!

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home