Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

I've got to get back into TLAK.
It's like a blog....but it's something I created.
It's best LIVE and direct, but it may be useful as a recording.
The only problem is that for my own personal 'use', I'm sure they'd quickly become disposable.
Let me explain...
Sometimes I call it "TLAK", sometimes I call it "TAP"
I don't do it often anymore, and I've yet to truly make it public.
that's because TLAK is dangerous.
By definition, I'd lose all my friends.
It's like alcohol on stage, minus the alcohol.
It's just me, a mic, and my unfiltered, uninhibited, unadulterated thoughts.
From the brain to the mouth, from the brain to the mouth....
I just let it roll.
It's not like "i'm just gonna say whatever the freak I want to"
I don't "think" and then decide to speak.
I speak first, and think later.
No unintelligible sounds aloud.
It has a rhythm, but it's not musical
It's unstoppable...words and words and phrases just coming. It's not always bad. It usually brilliant.
And sometimes it rhymes.
TLAK is my answer to the construct of spontaneity.
Even "freestyle" and "freeverse" and "independent media"
have taken on distinct parameters...
TLAK is true.
And the great thing is, that sometimes, TLAK is for me and sometimes, TLAK is for you.
TLAKing helps me see what's readily on my mind...what goodness, what Godness, what filth...
and it lets you in on the God-inspired nuggets that usually get smothered in my own dressing and inhibition.
You'll like TLAK.
But if you get it at all, now you understand why a recording of TLAK would seem to defeat the purpose...
Primarily, it would be a waste because it woulnd't feel authentic, and also because it would lack the relevance of the
particular and unique time of it's recording.

Get me?
Ah, to TLAK.
It can be Glorius.
It can ruin you.
Double, double edges.

SCREAM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home