Ain't NOTHING easy about Sunday morning...

Thursday, January 02, 2003

I've really worked to clean up my "passionate" vocabulary...
but you know which one I want to scream now.

We're just all subdued.
Our bellies.
It's all about our bellies.

a feast is ahead, but we won't stretch to get it, because we must remember our bellies.
Wilderness-walking, mana-forsaking, milk-and-honey-scorning....

If this isn't the starkest contrast between the old 'lawful' way of life, and Christ's freedom-life, (in the tradition of the book of Hebrews) i don't know what is:

Abraham's peeps wandered for 40 years in the wilderness.
Jesus did his do in 40 days.
I'm no good at the math...what's that? To be exact we'd have to figure out the number of days including leap years and then divide by 40? There's an easy formula out there. I'm admitting my math defficiency, but I think that's 364.25 the time Christ did. And 40 days is 4/1461 of the time it took to lap the Promised Land.

Promised Land.
Already promised.
Just go get it.
but our bellies keep us, like dental-floss chains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home